09 August 2007

Brief Time-Out

I'll be at my sister's wedding this weekend, which will take up a great deal of my time (as the countless hours I've sunk into assisting with the preparations demonstrate.) I'll try and give a more detailed post afterwards, but for now, just a small bit of reflection:

I've been shocked at how much louder everything is here, and not just in NYC. Everywhere I go there is a cacophony of sound assaulting my ear - blaring horns, loud cell phone talkers, loudspeakers, you name it, its loud. I guess since I'm used to more people walking it is just hitting me now.

Also, on the health update: I'm regaining some of the weight I lost (thank goodness - Myself and some individuals were slightly concerned when I could fit back into my old 32's from High School again..), but I'm still having a tough time dealing with A/C. Going from hot to cold to hot again is giving me a headache. Just will take time I figure. Hopefully, once this incessant traveling ceases for a bit I'll get back into the swing of things. I'm definitely putting the mileage on, from the Balkans to Italy to NJ to NYC back to NJ to NC to MO to AR... Looking forward to just putting my feet up on my table in my own place again...

No comments: